The Salem Haunted Magic Show began in 2011 with it’s debut performances at the Hawthorne Hotel. At that time we only presented about 17 shows across the whole month of October. Now 7 years later, we do a minimum of 48 performances and open our show in September, ending in November. We’ve always been a small operation, mostly family and close friends work with us to make each years production something different and special.
Every year we design a completely new show! In 2017 we focused on phobias and the things that scare us the most. In 2016, our direction was to highlight the bizarre and often scary history around mental asylums. Each time, we construct our show, we intentionally craft in messages and lessons about the subject at hand. In 2014 we did an entire show just on the negatives and manipulative techniques of fraudulent psychic mediums. We demonstrate various techniques and routines that give the audience a first hand look at sometimes ancient techniques that people still use today to con and scam innocent people.
No matter when you come to our show you will always see new and interesting material focused around one particular theme. In fact, you could see our show in 2018 on Friday and come back Saturday and see a totally different show! That’s not because we change material, far from it. Our shows have always been highly interactive and we thrive on getting audience members involved in the show. Therefore, a matinee show at 2PM will have completely different outcomes than the one later at 8PM. You could see our show five times in a row and always have a different experience.
What to Expect:
– The show will be 75 minutes in length with no intermission
– Please arrive at least one half hour prior to your scheduled showtime. General admission seats are first come, first served. If you’re traveling with a large party please give yourself extra time to make sure you get seats together!
– Audience participation is part of the show, although it is voluntary and you will not be made to participate in any way should you refuse.
– If you do participate please rest assured knowing that we Never embarrass, insult or make fun of our audience guests on stage. You will not be hypnotized, put into a trance or made to do anything that would be upsetting or embarrassing.
– Our audience seats 100 people max so everyone will have a good seat, no matter if you get VIP front row tickets or if you’re in the last row of General Admission.
– We do not offer parking, however there are plenty of parking garages and transportation options for getting to Salem
– We do have a handicapped entrance on the side of the building, please let a team member know you will need to use this entrance if necessary. When ordering tickets online please add in the comments you would like handicapped access to the theater.
– We do not allow in outside food or drink and will have (better than movie theater pricing) concessions available for purchase at our box office. We offer popcorn, candy, water, snapple and surprise goodies!
– No alcohol will be served in the venue, no outside alcoholic drinks may be brought in at any time
– Guests who appear to be intoxicated will be asked to leave the venue
– All tickets are non-refundable, but you are welcome to gift them to someone else. If you order your tickets online please let us know before your show date you’ll be transferring your tickets and we will update our records so there will be no confusion when the new party picks them up!
– Our on-site magic shop is suitable for all ages!
– All coupons used on site must be presented and surrendered when you purchase your tickets. Only one coupon per person is allowed.
– There are no age restrictions to our show, however we would recommend that children under 7 years old not attend.
– Our show does not feature any pop-out scare animatronics, actors or other classic haunted house elements. The show is a mix of visual and psychological frights.
– We do have a single men’s and single women’s bathroom on site, only for show patrons.
– We accept all major credit cards, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Blood Sacrifices.