Boo-Coda Haunted House in Bucoda, Wa
Not many haunted attractions can boast that they are in a “real haunted house,” but the Boo-Coda, which is in the old 1939 Bucoda School Gym, has been investigated for paranormal activity after reports of orbs, shapes on cameras, and strange voices heard whispering in the dark.
Boo-Coda Haunted House Open Times & Dates
Bucoda BOO–Coda Haunted House October 1,2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30, from 7 pm (dark)–11pm Fridays & Saturdays, and Oct 27, 28, and 31st from 7 (dark)–10pm Halloween week.
Located in the Bucoda Haunted Gym, 403 N. Nenant Street, Bucoda, WA 98530.
Trick or Treat Every Night October 1–31, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm at Joe’s Place, 118 S. Main Street, Bucoda, WA
$13 General Admission, $20 VIP Ticket
- Vendor Fair every Saturday in October, 12:00pm–6:00pm, Location: 114 S. Main Street, Bucoda, WA
98530 (Lot between Liberty Market and Joe’s Place)
- Forest Grove Cemetery Tour, October 2, 4:00pm–8:00pm, Location: 18011 Northcraft Rd SE, Tenino, WA 98589, Proceeds benefit South Thurston County Historical Society, $7 Child (4–18) or Senior, $9 Adult, $30 Family 2 adults 4 kids + fees.
- Hearse Procession and Viewing Saturday, October 2, Noon registration and line up, 1:00pm Procession followed viewing until 5pm. The procession is similar to a parade with an announcer and the viewing is similar to a car show. Location: Main Street in downtown Bucoda. Free to attend.
- Pine Box Derby (Casket Races) Saturday, October 9. Parade of Casket Race Teams, Businesses, Non–profits, High Schools, Government Agencies, friends and families are invited to compete against each other for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Places dead last, and Best Costumed Team and Cortege. The races take place on 7th Street in downtown Bucoda. The race course is 180 feet long. Free to attend. Casket Races Teams must participate in the Pine Box Derby Casket Racer Parade. An announcer will read about each Casket Race Team. After parade Casket Race Teams will proceed onto Pit Row and prepare for the Casket Races. Teams consist of 4 Pallbearers and 1 Corpse. Teams will be allowed to compete with a minimum of 2 Pallbearers and 1 Corpse. Each team is guaranteed to participate in at least two races.
Timeline: 12:00pm–1:00pm Registration, Casket inspection and set up in Pit Row 1:00pm Corpse Team Meeting (In front of Town Hall) 1:15pm Casket Lineup for Casket Racer Parade 1:30pm Casket Racer Parade 2:00pm Pit Row Lineup 2:13pm Casket Races Start 4:13pm Award Ceremony (In front Vendor area) or after last Casket Races, whichever is later
- DIY Tombstone Making Class, 12:00pm–3:00pm, October 16, $5 donation, Materials will be provided. You will need to paint it at home. Location: 204 S. Main Street, Bucoda, WA 98530
- Costume Contest, Saturday, October 16, 2:00pm. Awards for Best: Boy, Girl, Adult Female, Adult Male and Pet, Free to enter. Location; 114 S. Main Street, Bucoda, WA 98530
- Zombie Dash and Zombie Costume Contest, Saturday October 16, 3:00pm (age categories: under 8, 9–13, 14–18, 19 and over, Awards: 1st place in each age category and Best Zombie Costume, Best: Boy, Girl, Adult Female, Adult Male. Location: 7th Street in front of Town Hall.
- Storytelling by Harvest Moon, October 16, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm. Harvest Moon means a light shining forth in the midst of darkness. She is a Quinault Basket weaver and Story Teller who speaks from her heart and spirit. She will be sharing Native American stories about the legendary Bigfoot, Stick people and ancient creatures of the Pacific Northwest. Harvest Moon was an extra on the TV Show Northern Exposure and has recently been in a couple of movies. Location: 114 S. Main Street, Bucoda, WA 98520. Free to attend.
- Tenino Young–At–Heart Theatre presents Edgar Allan Poe: The Tell –Tale Heart, October 23. 1:00pm, 2:30pm and 4:00pm. Location: 114 S. Main Street, Bucoda, WA 98530
- Family Fun Day Saturday, October 30, 12:00pm–5pm Kids and Adult Categories – Pumpkin Decorating and Carving Contest, Carnival Style Halloween Themed Games. Location 114 S. Main Street, Bucoda, WA 98530. Free to attend.
- Monster Mash Dance October 30, Ages 1–12, 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M., Ages 13–17, 7:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. held in Bucoda Community Center 2nd Floor Ballroom, 101B East 7th Street Bucoda, WA 98350.
- Bucoda Thriller– Thriller Dance Saturday, October 30, 12:00pm–3:30pm. Attempt at setting a world record– around the globe for most Dancers to Michael Jackson’s Thriller Song as part of Thrill the World. Actual dance takes place at 3pm. Location: 101B East 7th Street Bucoda, WA 98350. Free to attend.
The Town on Boo-Coda Spook-Tacular
Spook-Tacular is what happens in BOO-Coda throughout the whole month of October! People are coming from far and wide to visit BOO-Coda and see what kind of spooky fun they can have! From the Scary-Nights Haunted House every Friday and Saturday, to the Hearse Procession and Viewing, Jack-O’-Lantern Pumpkin Carving Contest, Thrill the World Thriller Dance, and SO MUCH MORE – Bucoda, WA is the place to visit in October! Bring your family, bring your friends, and have a Spook-Tacular time! BOO-Coda is located just 3 miles outside of Tenino.
Just FYI, Scary Nights is no longer affiliated with the Boo-Coda Spook-Tacular and Haunted House. The Haunted House is now fully owned and operated by the Town.