Is the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel Haunted?
The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel has played host to celebrities, Presidents, The Academy Awards, and countless icons since its grand opening in 1927. Named after President Teddy Roosevelt, the hotel’s rich history has many haunted stories to tell. Site of the first Academy Awards in 1929, the hotel resides on Hollywood Boulevard with the Hollywood Walk of Fame right outside its front door.
Such rich history often brings stories of the paranormal. Many ghosts of celebrities have been said to lay claim to some of their favorite rooms, mirrors, and more. This haunted hotel has housed the likes of Marilyn Monroe to Charlie Chaplin, Carole Lombard & Clark Gable and many more actors and actresses over the storied years of operation.
The Ghost of Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe stayed here for nearly 2 years during her early success. Her poolside Suite 1200 was where she stayed and where her ghost has often returned. Marilyn’s ghostly image has been seen in a full-length mirror several times. The hotel often puts the mirror on display to the public. Monroe’s ghost has also been seen around the poolside suite as well as around her room. Did the hotel make such a lasting impression on Marilyn in her early career?
Haunted Rooms to Stay In
- Suite 1200 is where Marilyn Monroe stayed for two years during her heyday. Marilyn Monroe’s ghost still resides there to this day and has been reported by many.
- Marilyn’s mirror can be found in Suite 1200 or sometimes on display next to the elevator on the lower level. Several people have reported seeing her spirit in the mirror.
- Room 928 is said to be haunted by Montgomery Clift who stayed in the Roosevelt’s room 928 during the filming of From Here to Eternity. His role in From Here to Eternity garnered him an Oscar nomination. Montgomery Clift’s ghost is said to walk the hallways of the 9th floor and has been very active just outside his room 928. Inside the room, people have felt things brush past them, a cold stifling air has moved through, and full on apparitions of Clift himself have been witnessed. Considering he had one of his best performances in his time while staying at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, it’s no wonder his spirit would return.
- The Blossom Ballroom has a man dressed to the hilt, in a tuxedo. His ghost is said to be a man who had been nominated for an award. In this ballroom, there can often be found an unexplained chilling air that moves about the room. It has been said to be 10 degrees colder than the rest of the room. Explore a bit and see if you can find this chill.
- Carole Lombard’s Ghost has also been seen on the 12th floor. She and husband Clark Gable had stayed there 30s and 40s.
- The Roosevelt Pool has also been rumored to have sightings.
- Many other rooms. Apparently the ghosts of The Hollywood Roosevelt are famous for their pranks and are storied to roam the hotel. Simply staying in any room of the Roosevelt could bring about a paranormal event. Keep your eyes out or sleep under the covers, whichever suits your fancy.
Visited 5962 times, 4 Visits today